As you may know, TVCC turns 50 in 2017 and the 50th Anniversary Planning Committee has been working hard on ideas to help us celebrate. TVCC is a big organization, and a lot of these events won’t happen without your help, so allow me to share with you some of our plans so you can plan your 2017!
- The Christmas Party will be our reveal party (no cutting cake that’s blue or pink here). Be sure to attend this year to see the new logo and get an outline of the upcoming events.
- Conservation will go into overdrive! How else can we promote fifty more years of paddlers with out clean rivers and creeks for them to paddle on?
- Legacy Members, where are you? It’s time to reach out to the founding fathers and mamas that helped get it going and keep it going. Do you have a close relationship with a legacy member, let Katie or Rebecca know!
- The newsletter will be a fatty—she’s gonna be brimming with old articles and new.
- Speaking of the newsletter, I need your old photos and your NEW articles. That’s right, I want you to write! Got a great TVCC memory, put it in writing. Not so great with pen and keyboard? Send us your photos please! We all see Throw Back Thursdays that are only a week old—so don’t think your memory isn’t important. Ultimately all these stories and photos will be collected for an E-book—not just the newsletter.
- Keep September 9-10th open for TVCC. We plan to have a huge celebration on the Hiwassee that includes a Mass Start Race, Camping, Cooking out, Old School Boater Day, and more!
Do you want to help? Have more ideas? Reach out to Katie Larue @ ktlarue AT icloud.com or Rebecca Hendrix @ Rebecca_a_hendrix AT yahoo.com