The following bylaw changes have been proposed and approved by a 2/3 majority of board members, and, per Section VII, are being publicized with at least one month’s notice prior to a vote by the membership. These changes were previously published in the club’s April newsletter.
The context for these changes are the limitations of the member management portal on the new website. These changes were originally scheduled for a vote at Paddle School in May 2016. Since that vote did not occur, the vote will be held at the Fall Member Meeting on Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the OAR Riverside Pavilion; 629 Welcome Valley Rd, Benton, TN 37307.
TVCC Club Bylaws can be viewed in full on our website: https://tvccpaddler.com/bylaws/
Questions should be directed to Ali Reddington, TVCC Secretary (email@example.com).
CURRENT BYLAW (SECTION I, ITEM D)
- The Club membership year shall run from June
1 through May 31. Memberships received after December 31 shall be for the next membership year, but all club membership rights and bene ts begin immediately upon receipt of the family-household membership dues.
PROPOSED NEW BYLAW (SECTION I, ITEM D)
- Club membership will be based on a 12-month cycle which will begin on the date when the club receives payment from each individual or family. Membership rights and benefits begin immediately upon receipt of payment and ends the day after the 12-month period.
CURRENT BYLAW (SECTION II, ITEMS B-F)
- Annual dues are due between January 1 and June 1.
- Any member whose dues have not been paid by July 15 shall be dropped from the membership.
- No cancellation or refund of dues may be made if a member resigns before the close of the membership year.
- All Board of Director members are nonpaying member of the Club for the year beginning during his/her term.
PROPOSED NEW BYLAW (SECTION II, ITEMS B-F)
- Dues will be based on a 12 month cycle which will start when the club receives payment from each member or family.
- If a member does not renew their membership within their 12-month cycle then their membership will expire the day after the 12-month period ends. They will be dropped from membership and all rights and benefits ended. If they renew their membership at a later date than the 12-month cycle, membership will begin based on the new date that the payment is received.
- No cancellation or refund of dues may be made if a member resigns before the end of their 12-month membership period.
- All Board of Director members are eligible as non- paying members during the time that they serve on the board.
- Lifetime members, as nominated annually by the TVCC board members, are exempt from payment of dues.