The 50th Anniversary Planning Team has been working hard for nearly a year now to make this celebration fun, exciting, and memorable with a catered dinner, happy hour, special ceremonies and a race on the Hiawassee that EVERYONE can enjoy, including flatwater paddlers and families. Volunteers are needed to help out! Contact Rebecca Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also still buy 50th Anniversary Logo hats, shirts, etc.
This will be a weekend celebration at the Hiwassee Whitewater Company, home of Flip Flop Burgers. HWW, at 179 Tellico-Reliance Rd in Reliance, sits beside the Hiwassee river and is surrounded by the Great Smokey Mountains, trails, waterfalls, rock climbing, and the Cherokee National Forest. It’s a pretty unique place to visit. Get Directions.
The celebration will kick off on Saturday, September 9th.
It will be filled with meeting and greeting, the dinner and ceremonies and feature the Hiwassee Race designed for all levels of paddlers from experienced whitewater paddlers to those preferring SUPs and even duckies. Sunday will continue the fun and includes a raffle, so bring your cash!
Register NOW to take advantage of this exciting and one of a kind event!!!
Register for TVCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration
- If you plan to attend, please register for you and your family so you will be included in the meal and further communications for the event. Each individual needs to be registered separately. If you do not register, then a meal will not be provided for you or your family. Please see the INSTRUCTIONS for adding family members to your membership.
- The catered meal is $10 per person.
In honor of our 50th Anniversary, we are bringing the Hiwassee Race back as part of the celebration! It will be a mass start commemorative race starting 3pm at the put-in ramp and down to the railroad bridge!
- Adult Tandem (canoe or kayak)
- Kid’s Tandem (adult + <16 yrs old)
- Single Open Boat
- AARP Class (over 50 years old)
- Kayak (short, long, playboat, whatever)
- Young Paddlers (under 16)
- Alternate Vessel (tubes, SUPs, duckies, inflatable moose…)
- Oldest combined Age (boat age + paddler age)
This is a FUN race, try not to take it so seriously. The race will be a mass start from the Hiwassee put-in to the Railroad Bridge. Takeout on River Right below the Bridge at Hiwassee Whitewater Center (aka Flip Flops). All boats will start bassackwards lined up from the weeds to the shore. Wait for the horn to sound and then you’re off! First to the bridge wins! There will be intermittent safety set up at various rapids down river, but just try and be smart. Please turn your bibs back in at the designated station. Registration starts at noon at Hiwassee Whitewater Center. Shuttle will be provided.
- The race will be limited to the first 100 participants to register! There is a $20 race fee and if you are not an ACA member you will have to pay the $5 event fee.
- Check-in for the race will start at noon at the Hiwassee Whitewater Center Pavilion area. You will sign a race waiver, be sure your fees are paid, and issued a race bib. You will also receive information on arranged shuttle.
- There will be a Mandatory Safety talk at the Pavilion, time to be announced closure to the event.
- Any questions should be directed to: Rachel Roman: email@example.com
Buy 50th merchandise now at this website: http://www.pd-performancedesigns.com/tennesseevalleycanoeclub.aspx