Last Updated: January 10, 2023
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment Gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We do not allow any third-party advertising on our website. We provide a link to the website of companies recognized as TVCC sponsors of our major events (such as the annual Paddle School).
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with California Online Privacy Protection Act. We will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Contact form: available at https://tvccpaddler.com/contact/
Mail: TVCC, PO Box 23772, Chattanooga, TN 37422-3722
What information do we collect?
We collect information you provide directly to us. We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form. When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. For some events we ask for additional information such as your emergency contact information, your age, and your paddlesports interests so that we can provide an appropriate response and the training you request. You may, however, visit our website anonymously.
What information do we NOT collect?
We do not collect information provided by cookies or tracking technologies associated with mobile devices. We do not collect browsing experiences or history. We do not collect location information available through mobile devices.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to TVCC events and activities.
You may unsubscribe at any time from your profile settings at the TVCC website.