Each year TVCC offers 4 partial scholarships to qualified TVCC members who are looking to expand their skills and give back to the club. Think you might be interested? Here’s the skinny…
- You can apply in one of the following ACA disciplines: Swiftwater Rescue, Whitewater Kayaking, Whitewater Canoeing, River Kayaking (Flatwater Kayaking), or Coastal Kayaking
- You must be a current TVCC member.
- You must be certified in Basic First Aid and CPR (or obtain your certification prior to taking your ACA certification class).
- You must have taken a Swiftwater Rescue class or a Basic Water Safety Course prior to taking your ACA certification class.
- Recipients of TVCC’s partial ACA scholarship must pay 1/5th of the training costs prior to receiving instruction. Currently, this cost is $75. TVCC will cover the remaining tuition of the ACA training costs.
- Application deadline is: March 2, 2018 for an emailed application and February 24, 2018 for a postmarked application.
Each candidate once selected for a TVCC partial scholarship must honor the following commitments to TVCC upon completion of their ACA training.
- For ACA Boater Instructor Candidates: you agree to instruct at TVCC Paddle School for 2 years after receiving training. Additionally, you agree to lead 2 TVCC club trips per calendar year for 2 years after receiving training.
- For ACA Swiftwater Rescue Candidates: you agree to instruct at TVCC sponsored SWR courses for 2 years after receiving training. Additionally, you agree to assist at Rescue Rodeo for 2 years after receiving training.