Seeking Original Documents
We are seeking club newsletters, newspapers clipping, and member rosters from the early years. If you have anything stashed away, contact John Hubbard at 423.432.9748
50th Anniversary Events
50th Anniversary Celebration
September 9-10th at Hiwassee Whitewater Company
Saturday will be filled with Meet ‘n Greets, Commemorative Hiwassee Race, Happy Hour, Catered Dinner and Ceremonies.
- Sunday will continue the fun, stay posted for more details!
- Bring cash for the raffle! Items will include the 50
th Anniversary Quilt and other various items.
- If you plan to attend, please register for you and your family so you will be included in the meal and further communications for the event. Each individual needs to be registered separately. If you do not register, then a meal will not be provided for you or your family. Please see the INSTRUCTIONS for adding family members to your membership.
- The catered meal is $10 per person.
Hiwassee River Race
In honor of our 50th Anniversary, we are bringing the Hiwassee Race back as part of the celebration! It will be a mass start commemorative race starting 3pm at the put-in ramp and down to the railroad bridge!
This is a FUN race, try not to take it so seriously. The race will be a mass start from the Hiwassee put-in to the Railroad Bridge. Takeout on River Right below the Bridge at Hiwassee Whitewater Center (aka Flip Flops). All boats will start backwards lined up from the weeds to the shore. Wait for the horn to sound and then you’re off! First to the bridge wins! There will be intermittent safety set up at various rapids down river, but just try and be smart.
- The race will be limited to the first 100 participants to register! There is a $20 race fee and if you are not an ACA member you will have to pay the $5 event fee.
- Check-in for the race will start at noon at the Hiwassee Whitewater Center Pavilion area. You will sign a race waiver, be sure your fees are paid, and issued a race bib. You will also receive information on arranged shuttle.
- There will be a Mandatory Safety talk at the Pavilion at 1pm.
- Any questions should be directed to: Rachel Roman: email@example.com
- Adult Tandem (canoe or kayak)
- Kid’s Tandem (adult + <16 yrs old)
- Single Open Boat
- AARP Class (over 50 years old)
- Kayak (short, long, playboat, whatever)
- Young Paddlers (under 16)
- Alternate Vessel (tubes, SUPs, duckies, inflatable moose…)
Gear on Sale
TVCC and Pd Performance Designs have partnered up for your 50th
- TVCC has several pieces left over from Paddle School and they need to
go! If you are interested in knowing what is left, contact Rebecca Hendrix
- Check out all the gear directly available from Pd Performance Designs!
Direct any questions to Katie Larue (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rebecca Hendrix (email@example.com), 50th Anniversary co-Chairs.